Most people choose to enjoy their iPhone for Games, Photos, and built-in applications like Siri.
While we find Siri very helpful when using only your voice to locate or tell our phones to do things, Siri can also be a danger to a lost/stolen phone.
Here are some of the risks your phone may have while the device was locked:
1) “Who’s Phone is This” – This question made Siri provide all of the owners contact details including their address.
2) “Dial <Name>” – This enables use of the Contact List which can put family & friends information at risk.
3) “Turn on Airplane Mode” – This disables the cellphone’s abilities to Call/Receive messages
Happily Apple has protected us from these dangers but we need to edit some of our General Settings to fix them.
Protect your iPhone while you leave it locked.
1) Go to your “Settings”
2) Then open “General”
3) Then open “Passcode Lock
4) Look for “Allow Access When Locked:”
5) Below that text you will see “Siri” – Turn it Off.
This will keep your phone from being abused while in Lock Mode.
You can still use Siri as normal when your phone has been unlocked.